One of my favourite dinosaur party food recipes! These eggs can be made of solid chocolate or as hollow eggs. I made solid ones as it was easier.
What made these eggs look good was using speckled chocolate and adding lumps of red chocolate so they didn't look like chickens eggs.
Ingredients for Chocolate Dinosaur Eggs:
- 1 packet of Red candy Melts
- 1 packet of Candy cane candy Melts
- 1 packet of Milk chocolate candy Melts
- 1 packet of Black candy Melts or dark chocolate
- 1 plastic egg mould
- straw for decorating
- cotton wool
Tip: Make in batches of the different colours. I added a small amount of black chocolate to the milk chocolate to make some darker eggs or you can use dark chocolate. I placed small amounts of red chocolate into the mould first then added milk chocolate for a speckled version.
Tip: See our blog on Chocolate Seashell cupcakes for information on melting chocolate.
- Rub the chocolate mould with cotton wool to ensure that the chocolate comes out the the mould easily
- Melt the chocolate and add to the mould
- Place in refrigerator to set
- Using melted chocolate join to halves together to make an egg.
For more dinosaur party food ideas, please see our Dinosaur party food blog.