Children love to model playdough into all sort of shapes and creations. It can be used as an ice breaker game at a party or creatively added as a themed party games, such as making a play dough dinosaur at a dinosaur party. Play dough is also a great take home item to add to the party bag. It that can be made a couple of days in advance.
Here's our no bake play dough recipe, plus ideas of everyday tools the kids can use when playing with playdough.
- 2 cups of flour
- 4 tablespoons of cream of tartar
- 1 cup of salt
- 2 cups of boiling water
- Glitter - we recommend superfine glitter, so the play dough is smooth to play with.
- A few drops of essential oil - lavender, rose, peppermint are popular fragrances.
- A few drops of Wilton Colour Gel to colour the dough
- Put all the ingredients into a mixing bowl.
- Mix until the ingredients start to come together.
- Place the dough onto the bench and knead until smooth.
- Store in a zip-lock bag or airtight container. It should last a couple of weeks.