Here's our best ever Xmas Cookie recipe! We've tried a few recipes and this is by far our favourite. It's a gingerbread recipe you can use for Christmas Biscuits, making gingerbreadmen or any fun shaped biscuit for parties.
Xmas Cookies Ingredients:
- 125g butter - cut into cubes
- 1/2 c sugar
- 1/2 t ground ginger
- 2 1/2 t cinnamon
- 1/4 c Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 egg
- 2 1/2 c flour
- 1 t baking powder
- 2 T Sweetened Condensed MIlk
- 1 T water
- Lollies and buttercream to decorate.
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Lightly greese the trays.
- Place butter in a bowl and beat with an electric beater or wooden spoon until soft.
- Add the sugar a little at a time as you continue to beat.
- Beat in ground ginger, cinnomon, 1/4c condensed milk and egg. Beat until mixture is light and fluffy.
- Cut into shapes with your favourite cookie cutters and place on a tray.
- Mix 2 T sweetened condensed milk with 1 T water and brush over the cookies.
- Bake in preheated oven, one tray at the time for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Leave to cool on tray for 5 minutes before placing on a wire tray to cool.
- Ice with buttercream and decorate with lollies.
See our gift boxes, perfect packaging for your teacher, work mate, milkman or friend!
For more baking inspiration see our baking section.