These miniature cheesecakes are easy to make and even tastier to eat! Decorate with speckled eggs for your Easter party or top with sprinkle medley for any party or special occasion.
You will need:
- 1 1/2 cups Griffins Super-Wine biscuits
- 5 tbsp melted butter
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 24 cupcake papers
- 1 cup cream cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 cups whipped cream
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- 3/4 tsp vanilla extract
- Miniature chocolate eggs or speckled eggs
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Line a muffin pan with cupcake papers or make them in our Paper Eskimo cupcake papers on a tray.
- Make the crust first. Break the biscuits into crumbs, and stir them together with the brown sugar and melted butter. Scoop a few tablespoons into the cupcake papers and press to compact.
Tip: They should only fill the bottom half.
- In another bowl, beat the cream cheese until light and fluffy. Add the sour cream, followed by sugar, egg, and vanilla extract.
Tip: Make sure your ingredients are room temperature to avoid lumps.
- Evenly fill each cupcake paper with the filling, and bake for 20 minutes or until they just start to brown. Cool and refrigerate for a minimum of 3 hours.
- While you wait, mix together (an electric mixer is preferred) the whipped cream, icing sugar and vanilla extract on high speed. Do this until high peaks form.
Tip: This should only take a few minutes.
- When serving, top the cheesecakes with whipped cream and chocolate eggs. Feel free to add extra toppings, such as sprinkles.
For Easter Baking ideas and treats, see our Easter Collection.