Tissue pompoms are such a simple yet effective way to decorate not only events such as birthday parties, weddings or engagement parties, but kids bedrooms as well.
You will need:
- Tissue paper
- Floral wire (24 gauge is recommended, and ideally white or a similar shade to the colour of the tissue) or ribbon
- Place 10 sheets of tissue in a pile. The size you use will determine the size tissue pom pom you will make, e.g. 30cm x 30cm will make a 30cm diameter pom pom. Make 3cm accordion folds, creasing with each fold.
- Fold a piece of floral wire in half, slip over the centre of the folded tissue, and twist. With scissors, trim ends of tissue into your choice of either rounded or pointy shapes. Alternatively you can tie a piece of ribbon around the middle of the folded tissue.
- Separate layers by pulling away from the centre, one at a time.
- If using floral wire, tie a piece of ribbon to the middle for hanging.
Handy Hint: We also have pom pom kits ready for assembly available!